Friday, October 5, 2018

Decluttering blog 8: the resumption in innocence

Decluttering blog 8: the resumption in innocence 

Friday, October 05, 2018 

I'm calling it blog 8, even though I didn't originally title one blog 7. This morning I went back and re-titled the "Back to the Salt Mines" blog to include "Decluttering Blog 7"! So now we're up to blog 8! 

While I was away, I had invited "the kids" to come poke through their stuff, and toss, take, etc. Guess what? After 11 years not doing this, they didn't show up again. So... guess who is left with the same situation she left to go road tripping? 

This morning I started piecing at it even before the sun rose and I went for my walk. I've got some things in the car to head out to Best Buy for electronics recycling, and brought three boxes of "stuff" upstairs... one for DIL, one for son, one not sure yet... plus some stray stuff that got added to the 'on the way out' table, even though I'm not sure where they will land. A couple more boxes got shuffled into the kids' old "bedroom"... and I was able to collapse a folding table, which for now I shuffled into the laundry room. 

So the big room went from this:





To this: 

And now, having taken a break to have my lunch, I'm going to go dispose of the things that made it as far as the car! 

 Hope you're all making progress with whatever your current life effort is, and in the process nurturing yourselves, one good healthy choice at a time, on this Friday, October 5, 2018. Because it *is* the only one we'll ever get! And we're worth taking care of!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Author's notes: I learned something new today

This blog is a separate place to put selected saved Blogs from my years at SparkPeople.com.  Today, July 31, 2021, I discovered that I can s...