Decluttering blog 10 - I was going to give myself Sunday off
Monday, October 08, 2018
BUT! And there's always that BIG butt... copyright LeanJean6...
It was raining, so the mythical son could not mow his lawn. Guess what he decided to do? He visited his mother! He sorted through *one* basket of clothing he'd left behind eleven years ago when he and his wife moved out, which resulted in this:
Plus a load of jeans that are already in the wash. These are the clothes that no longer suit him (some of them) and he has said can go to the Goodwill. But since they've been sitting around for that long, and cats have slept on them (or possibly worse)... I'm running them through a laundry cycle before putting them in bags to donate. But *decision made* and no guilt for mom!He also took four boxes of stuff away. Yay! Leaving four in my garage. And a bunch of stuff went straight in the trash.
It was wonderful to see him, and we sat and had decaff and talked, too.
Today is going to be somewhat social, too. I have a lunch date with a gal who is still working, but had the holiday off. So I'll have a dog walk and that lunch catch-up to break the project up. If I get the goodwill laundry done, I'll call it good progress for today.
Tomorrow, back to the salt mines.
As for today: off to a healthy start, breakfast already on board, and the water vessels filled to support hydration. I'm about to post this and head out for a morning walk (in the rain, but I won't melt), and a little later we'll see how much of a walk in the rain Benji is up for.
Hope you're all facing your Monday with healthy lifestyle a priority, and if it's a holiday for you, that it fulfills the purpose of the day.
Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends, and elsewhere in the world that is celebrating it today. This begins my season of special focus on gratitude, which will run through US Thanksgiving on November 22nd. There is so much in life to be grateful for! Including that we're alive and breathing on this one and only October 8, 2018 we'll ever get!

No comments:
Post a Comment