Sunday, January 1, 2017

Last

Sunday, January 01, 2017

How appropriate to hit the "L" in my "accidental alphabet" series the morning after the "Last Run" of 2016...

Of course, being me, I'm going to use that word in another sense than the "final".
From my Webster's:  "vi 1 to remain in existence or operation; continue; go on; endure 2 to remain in good condition; wear well."

Yep, that's a decent quality to have... enduring fits right in with the triathlete in me. And the distance runner... but more importantly, with LIVING... enduring whatever storms life throws our way, and LASTING or rather outlasting them!

So, here's to lasting, vibrantly. Because taking care of our health through those things we CAN control is
the best way of making that ability to last "easier". I noticed that at some aha moment a few years ago... that LIFE became easier when I took care of myself. Life could still pack a wallop, but enduring it was easier.

So, for today:
  • No bag... but remember you're making choices that will make staying with the program easier or harder!
  • Enjoy, savor that RECESS of the First Run 5K!
  • Keep on breathing, prioritizing, and delegating.

But most important, let's live the very best New Year's Day 2017 we can. Because it's the only one we'll ever get!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Author's notes: I learned something new today

This blog is a separate place to put selected saved Blogs from my years at SparkPeople.com.  Today, July 31, 2021, I discovered that I can s...