Sunday, January 15, 2017

Same song second verse

Sunday, January 15, 2017

A little bit louder, a little bit worse...

OK, now I've got that old kids' song rattling around in your head, I'll 'splain. It was NOT louder or worse, but it was embarrassing.

Training run, target 8 miles, yesterday morning. Dry trails, we were working on getting it done before the ice storm that's started landing now.

We waited for 10 a.m. to take advantage of sun coming out and temperatures moderating. We were going along just fine, and chatting about how my confidence is coming back.

Chatter, run/walk/run... and then, 4.86 miles in... "oh, crap... I'm falling". Not as bad as seven weeks ago... but I did bang up my chin, and bit my lip pretty badly. Here's the "boxer" look the morning after (this morning), showing the band-aided chin, the swollen nose and fat lip:

What a contrast from Thursday's "Youth" blog photo!

The recovery is happening fast. I went back to the Runza restaurant near where I fell, after a hot shower, and heading over to check on my sister's cats (also to get it done before the ice comes)... and bought a sandwich, going "off program" to do so, just to leave a huge tip. They had let me use their restroom to clean up and even brought me band-aids for the chin. My coach had his wife fetch the first aid kit from their home (we were 3 miles out from the cars, on our way back), and I'm sure I could have walked it, but by the time we made that assessment she was on her way, so I accepted a ride back to the Y, where we had started.

I've been up on the treadmill today, 3 sessions so far (splitting it up with laundry and kind of mimicking my "recess" times).

Today's adventure is the long-predicted Ice Storm. I'm in an Ice Storm warning area, that will not expire until 3 a.m. TUESDAY, here. It started about on schedule, noonish... and it's looking pretty slick out there now.

I figure if it's too slick to go to work on Tuesday, I'll just have one more day for the swelling to go down.

For today:

  • Eat to the plan, even though there is no bag.
  • Taking those recess times on the treadmill.
  • Remembering to breathe, prioritize, and delegate... well, not much delegating here at home, but definitely breathing to deal with the storm qualms, and prioritizing tasks within the house.

Feeling grateful and living the best Sunday January 15, 2017 I can, within the parameters of where I'm at... hope you are, too... 'cause it's the only one we'll ever get!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Author's notes: I learned something new today

This blog is a separate place to put selected saved Blogs from my years at SparkPeople.com.  Today, July 31, 2021, I discovered that I can s...