Decluttering blog 5: While I'm waiting for the vision to become clear
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
I'm still puttering through my clutter. Clutter is not always physical. Sometimes it is electronic.
Clearing off the data from 3 old cell phones and getting them *to* Best Buy (which recycles them for free for residential folks) was a HUGE victory.
Yesterday I cleared apps and accounts off a tablet that will be going the same way. Still ahead of me are no less than four desktop computers and one laptop in need of similar treatment.
I don't know about you all, but when a new device enters the house, often the focus is on getting it set up, and the old one never gets cleared off, but this really does need to be done before sending it to be recycled. Having worked in the IT world, I'm a bit paranoid.
I will be keeping one desktop and one laptop. I'm on that laptop as I type this. The desktop I intend to use for converting old data from floppies and zip drives (because the laptop doesn't have a 3.5 inch floppy drive, very few current machines do). What kind of old data? Why, digital photos, of course. And any digital documents that I'd backed up that might still need to be kept. Once THAT is complete, I can let go of that desktop, too.
If I thought the PAPER clutter was a huge job, the digital clutter will take even more time (and energy)! The problem with generations of technology moving so fast is that soon we will no longer have the means to READ the older stuff. I'll need to weed through it and decide what gets put on the external hard drive, and what can just be let go of.
Yes, calling this a five year project to downsize is *not* an exaggeration.
Today's healthy start:
- Out for a brisk walk before breakfast.
- Healthy breakfast prepared, savored, and tracked.
- Water vessels filled, enabling the hydration that's in progress.
- Paper declutter task of the day done, including taking a break for a healthy snack. Wrapped up about lunch time.
Here's hoping all my Spark buds are out there, too, making the best decisions they can, and moving forward in their OWN experiments of one in life this one and only Wednesday, September 12, 2018 we'll ever get! Because we are each and every one of us worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment